[vdr] Buffer/Memory problems

With vdr 1.3.12 on Suse 8.2, Pentium 166 with 96MB and a Technotrend premium dvb-c, something is gradually grabbing buffers and memory.

The end result is I have to reboot at least once a day as eventually TV picture to video-out stops (but I still see the menu for channel changes, etc. both on screen and in my syslog).

For example over about 4 hours I see (with zero input to vdr or other activity on the box):

vdr:~ # free
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 94044 49140 44904 0 4940 19164
-/+ buffers/cache: 25036 69008
Swap: 136544 0 136544
vdr:~ # free
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 94044 49368 44676 0 5240 19076
-/+ buffers/cache: 25052 68992
Swap: 136544 0 136544
vdr:~ # free
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 94044 55588 38456 0 10372 19652
-/+ buffers/cache: 25564 68480
Swap: 136544 0 136544
vdr:~ #

Can anyone suggest a cause or a way to analyse the problem?

Thanks

John

Home | Main Index | Thread Index