[vdr] Re: two VDR boxes

Emil Naepflein wrote:
On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 13:45:43 +0300, Lauri Tischler <lwgt@iki.fi> wrote:

Is there any reason why following would not work
- primary main VDR box with large /video directories
- secondary VDR (in bedroom) without /video,
  /video is nfs-mounted from primary box.

All recordings would then be available for both boxes.

This is no problem. I have one large server and multiple clients.
Interesing to hear as I'm still planning and testing something alike.

How do you handle config / epg data?

Did you patch vdr to put the epg data into a different directory than /video on the server?

How do you manage the timers? Is there a patch for streamdev to put timers onto the server?

Or do you record with the clients into the mounted /video of the server? (Something I do not want to do since I'll be using wlan and this would be a waste of bandwith).

kind regards Philip

Home | Main Index | Thread Index