[vdr] Re: Max. Filesize

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 11:59:32AM +0200, Patrick Cernko wrote:
> Boris Lenzinger wrote:
> >My answer was not very clear...so I redo it...sorry
> >On FAT32, the max file size is 2G.
>
> Sorry, but FAT32 is in fact capable to handle files larger than 2GB
> (just test it under WinXP). Only the linux filesystem driver is not capable!

Not true!  I'm able to handle ISO images for DVD's and those are
definitly large than 2GB.  VDR do files with less than 2GB because
it is not needed and the format of the index files (index.vdr) does
not support larger offsets.

      Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/