[vdr] Re: epia + VGA output

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 12:44, Martin Altemark wrote:
> What's the status on using an epia card + full featured dvb card but use
> xine or libsoft or another pluging to display tv thru the VGA port? Is the
> CPU fast enought? What is the best epia card/processor for this (silence is
> golden of course)? What plugins are best. Is the mpeg2 decoder on the EPIA
> cards supported with anything that can be used by VDR?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> /Martin Altemark

epia-m 6000 (passive cooled cpu) together w/ a ff card works perfectly. Didn't
try any of the soft plugins like but i think the 600 Mhz C3 is not fast
enough and unfortunately there is no working solution that utilises the
onbard hardware mpeg2 decoder. or am I wrong??

If you want to stay absolutely silent then use a ff card and a low power C3
cpu like the epia-m 6000, and a fanless PSU and nfs-root. -> no noise at all.
I found a nice fujitsu-siemens case with a fanless PSU at ebay...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index