[vdr] Re: epia + VGA output

Thomas Glomann a écrit :
epia-m 6000 (passive cooled cpu) together w/ a ff card works perfectly. Didn't try any of the soft plugins like but i think the 600 Mhz C3 is not fast
softdevice + DirectFB could do it (still a little tuning to do in the plugin to get it smooth, but I get 40-50% CPU on my 1Ghz Nehemiah, so 600Mhz should do it)

enough and unfortunately there is no working solution that utilises the onbard hardware mpeg2 decoder. or am I wrong??
vdr-xine + Xv + XvMC is reported to work : 20-30% CPU @ 1Ghz.

If you want to stay absolutely silent then use a ff card and a low power C3 cpu like the epia-m 6000, and a fanless PSU and nfs-root. -> no noise at all.
I found a nice fujitsu-siemens case with a fanless PSU at ebay...
If you don't want nfs-root, Seagate Baracuda drives or Samsung ones (not tested) are really very quiet (both spin whizz and seek movements).

--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index