[vdr] Re: Freevo Integration: What is the status ?

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 12:23 +0200, Thomas Weber wrote:

> As Klaus wrote:
> We are not actually integrating vdr and Freevo. Rather we are building a
> vdr interface for freevo.
> For now there is only the 0.2 release on the freevo download page
> available.
>
> The next release will have a svdrp interface and a tvtime mode to make
> usage of full featured dvb cards.
> We are currently testing the new code and i'd be happy to release it
> very soon. My own plans are to get full EPG (TVGuide) and Timer support
> as well as a DVB Radio mode for freevo.
>
> Feel free to join the freevo-devel list for more information about this
> stuff.

This is just great news!!! Can I ask you where is the current version of
the plugin that you mentioned? Or do you mean the vdr_xine freevo-
plugin? The problem with that (for me) as I understand is that it
doesn't support directfb output. Or am I wrong? And I'm afraid the same
is also true for tvtime although I'd love to be able to use tvtime so I
could take advantage of the mpeg2 hw-decoding capability of my dvb-c
card.

Anyway, this really does sound good, so thanks!

juhis

Home | Main Index | Thread Index