[vdr] Re: user mailing list

> > The world is split between people who want mailing lists and people who
> > want forums / wikis.
>
> I never understood why mailing lists seem to be preferred instead of
> newsgroups. With webinterface for the non-techies. Any ideas?

When using mailing lists, You can mark, sort, delete. etc
unwanted/uninterested messages, and keep only the interesting ones.. Also
you can search through your own archives...

But why not do a combination? I guess that most mailing lists (at least
Mailman) can be hooked to a news-server... A news-server can then have a web
interface, so I would say that this combination would make most people happy
(maybe even those who prefer forums?).

René

Home | Main Index | Thread Index