[vdr] Re: [OT] DVB-T Card TT? Airstar2

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Javier Marcet wrote:

However I do always get a few lines of those "master xfer" errors when
inserting the skystar's modules. Have you find an order to insmod the
modules and avoid _all_ xfer errors (which are, OTOH, not dangerous at
all, at least from my experience)?
Well, I'm getting those 2 lines also and another two by inserting the mt352 module (this time 'readreg errors'). I did try to find a cause for those errors and my conclusion was that the drivers probes all i2c devices found in the machine (eeprom and hw sensor chip) and those non-compatible devices are reported as errors in syslog - IHMO this feature doesn't follow the best practise ;) However, I cannot find my debug logs anymore, so this theory might be a total BS too :)

--
rofa

Home | Main Index | Thread Index