[vdr] Re: VDR 1.3.12 buffer optimizations - SOLVED!

Hi,

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

Another issue concerns dolby audio: has there anything changed in breaking
down those packets into smaller ones? I ask because a lot of FIXMEs are
triggered in my code that deal with packet reassembly.
The only difference I can think of is that up to now cRemux::Process() has
only returned _one_ PES packet per call, while now cRemuxGet() returns all
the PES packets that are currently available (for better throughput).

If you need the old behaviour I could add a flag to cRemux::Get() that
makes it return only a single PES packet at a time.
I do not call cRemux::Get() directly. I just look into the data supplied to PlayVideo() respectively PlayAudio(). It's ok for me when these functions are now called with more than one PES packet at a time as there is already code in vdr-xine that deals with such data (maybe I've missed something concerning dolby audio that is now causing problems).

The only requirement I would expect to be adhered to is that those packets are complete, i. e. no need to remux and sync to packet header over and over.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de