[vdr] Re: VDR-Clients similar to Yamaha MusicCAST?

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:43:54 +0100, Kai Steinbach
<kai.steinbach@gmail.com> wrote:

> as Nicolas pointed out, your email leaves open whether or not you plan
> to stream video to the client ...

audio only

> Let's assume audio only, because where a TV display is used, it will
> most likely be used for navigation / control. Here are a few I found:
>
> - Netgear MP101
> - Linksys WMLS11B (with speakers) or WML11B (without)

I saw the above at
http://products.wi-fiplanet.com/wifi/multimedia/recent1.html
The Netgear looks nice.

> - Philips MCW770

I am looking for a smaller solution. I don't need FM stereo because the
reception is not very good. Streaming radio from DVB-S additional to MP3
odr PCM playback would be great.

> Setup: You PC runs linux + vdr and has the hard disk attached where
> your music is stored.
> All the devices above use UPnP for navigation/streaming. There is a
> free music UPnP server here:
> http://www.twonkyvision.com/UPnP/index.html
> (if you want video streaming, too, it costs 10 US$)

Nice link.

Thanks,
Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index