[vdr] Re: VDR-Clients similar to Yamaha MusicCAST?

Hello Emil,

as Nicolas pointed out, your email leaves open whether or not you plan
to stream video to the client ...

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:47:20 +0200, Emil Naepflein wrote:
> Especially nice are the wireless client
> systems with LCD display.

Let's assume audio only, because where a TV display is used, it will
most likely be used for navigation / control. Here are a few I found:

- Netgear MP101
- Linksys WMLS11B (with speakers) or WML11B (without)
- Philips MCW770

> Does someone know simple and not to expensive client hardware which can
> be used to build a similar system with VDR?

Setup: You PC runs linux + vdr and has the hard disk attached where
your music is stored.
All the devices above use UPnP for navigation/streaming. There is a
free music UPnP server here:
http://www.twonkyvision.com/UPnP/index.html
(if you want video streaming, too, it costs 10 US$)

There is also another product - the Imerge NP200, but it has its own
Onkyo protocol and nees an Imerge SoundServer ... so this is no good
'with vdr'.

Hope this helps - Kai

PS: my favourite from the list above is the Philips, because I want
one for my bedroom and both Negear and Linksys have missed the
opportunity to provide sleep timer / alarm functionality. However, the
product is just about to appear in the shops, maybe another few weeks
of waiting ...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index