[vdr] Re: Latest status of FE_HAS_LOCK problem?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> There have been several suggested modifications to VDR's
> cDvbTuner::Action() in order to avoid problems with the driver
> returning a very short FE_HAS_LOCK status. Since I have been
> very busy doing buffer optimizations for the past several
> weeks, I'm afraid I don't know what the current status of these
> things is.
>
> Since there has been a fix in the driver to avoid these short
> FE_HAS_LOCK status spikes, maybe there is no more change necessary
> in VDR?

I've never seen short FE_HAS_LOCK spikes since the driver fix. I'm still
running the modified cDvbTuner::Action() method with debug output.

There is still the infamous "Video data stream broken" error on my
system (1 Nexus-s, 1 Skystar 2 rev2.6c) with the driver fix and an
unmodified VDR-1.3.12. I don't get these errors any more since I'm using
the modified cDvbTuner::Action() and some other modifications. I can
send a patch against the upcoming 1.3.13 for review if you are interested.

Wolfgang

> I'm planning to release VDR 1.3.13 tomorrow evening and would like
> to get up to date in that area, if it is still necessary.
> So it would be nice if somebody could post here what the latest status is.
>
> Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index