[vdr] Re: [WAS: two VDR boxes] streamdev feature request

"Huber, Matthias RD-CP1" <Matthias.Huber@heidelberg.com> writes:

> I'm working on a "ClientMode"-Patch for VDR, for use in a client-server
> VDR environment with no DFB cards in the clients. In fact, my clients
> are diskless VDRs without recording capability, streaming via streamdev
> plugin.
> The patch adds a "ClientMode" entry to the setup. If set to yes, the
> timers list will be synchronized with the server and every modification
> on the client side results in an immediate change on the server side
> (via SVDRP). Recording of the client side will be suppressed, every
> record command (even timeshifting) leads to recording on the server.
> This way, the VDR clients act as fully transparent frontends to the VDR
> server.
> The patch is ready to test, but I had not yet time to test it.
> Any comments are wellcome.

I'd love to test your patch as well.
Is it needed to use SVDRP ? It seems streamdev-client is able to
add/remove/change timers on the streamdev-server without using svdrp.
Imho, it would be even better to add this feature to streamdev.
"RecordOnServer" and "RecordEverythingOnServer" for example.

I'm also using a diskless vdr(streamdev-client+xine)+freevo
box. (which is not 24/7 online). I'd like to see all the record
functions handled by the server.
I guess it's not as easy as it looks. (especially for the replaying)

pausing/delaying live-tv on the diskless(dvbcard-less) box is a
typical non-optimal example : the box receives the video stream,
records it on the server(nfs) and re-read it(nfs)

btw, trying to read the summary about a remote recording make
vdr(streamdev-client) crashes.