[vdr] Re: vdr-xine and remote trouble

Thanks for the great reply,

Now my challenge is how to compile xine with Lirc suppport. I have searched all over for an answer to this, but it is not mentioned anywhere...

Also, why is the lircrc file hidden? Could it not just be /home/lircrc instead of $home/.lircrc ?

Tom

Simon <ml_simon_vdr@bigblue.demon.co.uk> wrote:
tomdab wrote:

> I have some trouble getting my remote to work with vdr-xine. The vdr OSD will hang after a few keypresses on the remote. (It all works fine when not running through vdr-xine and using the Nexus composite video out).
>
> Does anyone know how to configure the lirc remote with vdr-xine plugin? In xine there is a keymap editor...how must this file match the remote.conf file of xine and/or the lircrc file?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

you will probably want to make vdr without lirc support. The keymap
editor is of most use for keyboard events! make sure xine is compiled
with lirc support and that lircd is running correctly. check that
vdr-xine has the remote enabled and the -r option is correctly quoted
for you shell/startup script.

I've appended short sections from the relevant files you will want to
visit below. The action names used by xine for the vdr controls are all
documented in the vdr-xine docs. The notes below should show you the
relationship between each of the files.

lifetime of an IR code.

1) lircd receives IR codes and transforms to button names using config
file /etc/lircd.conf

2) xine uses lirc library to receive buttons from lircd and transforms
them to xine event codes. mapping defined in $HOME/.lircrc

3) xine passes event codes to xine input plugin which in turn sends them
to vdr-xine plugin. mapping is hard coded.

Simon

this config is no longer used but maps lirc named events to vdr actions.
part of /video/remote.conf (old config, no longer used)
LIRC.Ok SET
LIRC.Menu MENU
LIRC.Back NORMAL
LIRC.Left LEFT
LIRC.Right RIGHT
LIRC.Up UP
LIRC.Down DOWN
LIRC.Red TUNEM
LIRC.Green DIRECT
LIRC.Yellow CLEAR
LIRC.Blue PRESETUP

lirc to xine action mapping:
part of $HOME/.lircrc
begin
button = NORMAL
prog = xine
config = VDRBack
end

begin
button = RIGHT
prog = xine
config = EventRight
repeat = 1
end

begin
button = LEFT
prog = xine
config = EventLeft
repeat = 1
end

begin
button = UP
prog = xine
config = EventUp
repeat = 1
end

begin
button = DOWN
prog = xine
config = EventDown
repeat = 1
end

begin
button = SET
prog = xine
config = EventSelect
end

begin
button = TUNEM
prog = xine
config = VDRButtonRed
end

begin
button = DIRECT
prog = xine
config = VDRButtonGreen
end

begin
button = CLEAR
prog = xine
config = VDRButtonYellow
end

begin
button = PRESETUP
prog = xine
config = VDRButtonBlue
end

received IR codes to lirc names:
part of /etc/lircd.conf for Harman Kardon remote

begin codes
SET 0x00000000414E54AB
UP 0x00000000414E649B
DOWN 0x00000000414EE41B