[vdr] Re: vdr-xine and remote trouble

tomdab wrote:

Now my challenge is how to compile xine with Lirc suppport. I have
> searched all over for an answer to this, but it is not mentioned
> anywhere...

cd xine-ui
./configure --help | grep lirc
  --disable-lirc          Turn off LIRC support.

would suggest it is found automatically if you have lirc installed
correctly. which would explain why I've never had to do anything
special.

Also, why is the lircrc file hidden? Could it not just be /home/lircrc instead of $home/.lircrc ?
convention. most user defined rc (resource configuration) files are
found hidden in your home directory.

also note that $HOME is an environment variable that would expand to
/home/tomdab or /home/simon depending on your /etc/passwd and username.

Simon

Home | Main Index | Thread Index