[vdr] Linux distribution for vdr out-of-the-box

Hello list,

there are few Linux distributions out there that automatically install
a complete vdr system, including many plugins and addons. That is
quite handy for the "Joe average user", who doesn't want to manually
download and compile every component himself. Unfortunately, all of
those distri's that *I know* are in German. Do you know any English
one ? I haven't tried Linvdr.org, because later I would like to get
AnalogTV to work.

Anyway, I think it is such a great idea to have a vdr distribution.
And it can deliver a non-German system, too. For me it takes less than
1 hour from an empty hard disk to zapping channels and scheduling
recordings. It's just fair that the English community can benefit from
this convenience, too, isn't it?

I picked the c't-vdr distribution and scribbled down all my
installation steps plus some extra hints into the following wiki page:
http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Ct_VDR_in_English

Feel free to give that a try. I would be glad to hear that this works
well for you too.
You probably find some gaps and errors - please add to it and correct
the wiki page accordingly.
If you get stuck in the German setup, please feel free to let me know
the text that you are prompted with, and I will try to let you know
what to do.

Kai

Home | Main Index | Thread Index