[vdr] Re: LNB-sharing patch for VDR 1.3.13

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 14:19 +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> christian jacobsen wrote:
> >
> > Hallo,

> > > http://www.xn--ltzke-jua.de/dvb/VDR_LNB_sharing_patch/lnb_sharing_vdr-

> > > What does this patch do? Allow me to use two receiver cards
> > > with one lnb
> > > at the same time or something?
> >
> > Exactly, you can use one cable and two DVB cards. But they can only
> > either Vertical or horizontal at the same time. Not one Vertical and the
> > other horizontal. (IIRC)
> >
> > What I (we) would like is a feature to use 3 or more cards with two
> > cables and a way to tell what cards are shareing what LNB. An older
> > veriosn could that.
>
> Wouldn't it be much easier to just use a decent multiswitch?

Speaking for my self: not always.

I have a c-band dish.  I am not sure that 'universal' (*) c-band LNBs
are even available.  So I am left with one cable.  So a switch does not
help: I can either receive horizontal channels, or I can receive
vertical channels, but not both at the same time.

(*)Is 'universal' the right term: ie a LNB that has multiple cables that
output Lo/HI Vertical and Horizontal.  C-band does not have Lo/Hi, so if
a C-band universal LNB is available it would have two outputs...

> Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index