[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.3.13

* Christian Gmeiner schrieb am 22.10.04, um 00:18 Uhr:
> >Hmm, what does your CPUID-routine do?
>
> It is used to get features like mmx, sse,.. from the cup register:

Ok, i guess when you work with inline-assembler, it will be difficult
to get the dxr3-plugin working on architectures other than i386 and
amd64 anyway, so i would say when we package it for Debian we will
need to limit the supported architectures.

On the other side:

Maybe you can check the cpu-type via

cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep ^flags

which leads to the folllowing result on my machine:

flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow

Regards,
Thomas

--
Thomas Schmidt