[vdr] Re: How to kill an svdrp connection from vdr ?

Klaus Schmidinger a écrit :
Philip Lawatsch wrote:
Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
As I've stated in a previous post, there is a rather simple
solution to this. Every SVDRP connection will have to issue an LSTT
command before it may add, modify or delete a timer. The timer list will
have a timestamp marking when the last modification was made. If an SVDRP
connection issues a timer modification command, but the list of timers was
in some way modified after this sessions last LSTT command, it will get
an error message, saying that the timers were modified in the meantime,
and that it should do another LSTT.
Which for sure will break a lot of applications anyway.
If the application doesn't know an error, then it should treat it
as an "unknown error". After all, I _must_ be free to add new error
messages as they become necessary!

In order to use a generic proxy, the implied modifications are :
* modify VDR in order to check the timestamp of the previous LSTT for every ???T command that occurs after it
* modify each application to send the timestamp of the last LSTT to each ???T command. They simply will receive an error when DELT and we're right.

If a SVDRP-aware proxy is written, then it will implement either the VDR side or the application side... or both.
Translated in development tasks :
* either Klaus works at modifying SVDRP handling, but I'm sure he was ironic...
* or every application developper implement the necessary stuff
* *and* someone take the proxy task
* *or* someone implement everything in a SVDRP proxy, independently of everything else...

(note that this solution is not elegant, as in introduce a stateful inspection where it is not mandatory, as someone already said earlier - stateless SVDRP would be much more simpler for everyone - that is : if state must not be emulated at the client side, like cookies in HTTP)

(I think a real client-server VDR would be a Good Idea - multiple clients, multiple servers - separating boths commands, OSD, timers, ouput device, etc. Multi-client SVDRP would be the first step)

--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index