[vdr] Re: vdr-xine on gentoo ?

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 03:43:23PM +0200, Christian Gmeiner wrote:

> Have you tried the vdr-xine ebuild from portage (gentoo.de)

No :-)

Where to find an howto to gentoo.de ?
Is this a server with specific vdr files ?

Why not pushing those to mainline servers ?

Should I change my GENTOO_MIRRORS ?
Right now I use :
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/gentoo/ http://www.gigaload.org/gentoo.org/ ftp://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/gentoo/";

The site http://www.gentoo.de/ don't seems to be VDR specific, could
someone clarify the situation ?

Under vdrportal.de there are lots of small docs, but none that I really
found perfect to use...

Right now I just compil vdr and plugins from source (not ebuild), for
example emerge -va vdr shows only masked package, and only vdr till
1.2.6, and even worse, it has only KEYWORDS="~x86 ~ppc", no ~amd64...

I also only use 2.6 kernels, unmasking and keyworking vdr, then it want
to install linuxdvb...

Sorry for those stupid questions, but maybe I am not the only gentoo
user that don't take the ebuild because of bad knownledge ?
--
	Grégoire Favre
http://magma.epfl.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:Gregoire.Favre@freesurf.ch

Home | Main Index | Thread Index