[vdr] Re: vdr-xine on gentoo ?

Gregoire Favre wrote:
On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 03:43:23PM +0200, Christian Gmeiner wrote:

Have you tried the vdr-xine ebuild from portage (gentoo.de)

No :-)

Where to find an howto to gentoo.de ?
You need only to add
SYNC="rsync://rsync16.de.gentoo.org/gentoo-merged"
in your /etc/make.conf

Then you should run emerge --sync.
Now you can use all vdr ebuilds: http://www.gentoo.de/viewcvs/gentoo-x86/media-video/
Is this a server with specific vdr files ?

Why not pushing those to mainline servers ?
It is very very very difficult to get the ebuilds into the portage of gentoo.org - i have tryed it several times with no success :(
Should I change my GENTOO_MIRRORS ?
You must not touch GENTOO_MIRRORS
Right now I use :
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/gentoo/ http://www.gigaload.org/gentoo.org/ ftp://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/gentoo/";

The site http://www.gentoo.de/ don't seems to be VDR specific, could
someone clarify the situation ?

Under vdrportal.de there are lots of small docs, but none that I really
found perfect to use...
There is a wiki - http://www.vdr-wiki.de - which has atm no support for other languages, but me was told that the guys are working on it.

Right now I just compil vdr and plugins from source (not ebuild), for
example emerge -va vdr shows only masked package, and only vdr till
1.2.6, and even worse, it has only KEYWORDS="~x86 ~ppc", no ~amd64...
As i get not much infos from amd64 users it is quite hard make it correct. But for such stuff there is a bug system for the vdr-ebuilds:
bugs.gentoo.de.
If you are using the ebuilds now, it would be nice, if you could tell me, which ebuilds are stable or unstable with amd64.

I also only use 2.6 kernels, unmasking and keyworking vdr, then it want
to install linuxdvb...
You are using the vdr ebuild from gentoo.org - they are outdated!!

Sorry for those stupid questions, but maybe I am not the only gentoo
user that don't take the ebuild because of bad knownledge ?
I hope that the ebuilds from gentoo.de are getting more used by vdr guys.

--
Christian Gmeiner
Maintainer of the DXR3-Plugin for VDR: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dxr3plugin/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index