[vdr] Re: New firmware 0.9 for AC3 replay support

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 07:30:23AM +0200, Steffen Barszus wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 28 Oktober 2004 18:58 schrieb Dr. Werner Fink:
> > Hi,
> >
> >        I've just finished my work on the dvb-ttpci
> > firmware.  During implementation of AC3/DTS replay
> > feature I've fixed or changed several points in the
> > firmware:
> >

> can this be used "normally" too ? I mean to test the other changes beside the
> ac3overdvb ?I don't have a 5.1 system but i'm of course interested in the
> other changes.

Yes the aim is that it is also possible to use it "normally".
Only I've a bug report that the newest version seems to have
trouble to do its job on normal linear PCM within the payload
of Private Streams 1 ... normal Mpeg2 Audio works flawless.

I've to fix that bug to be able to support also the AC3overDVB
patch for the VDR and many other tools using the linear PCM
channel of the firmware like mp3 and dvd plugin, but next week
I'm on vacation and there will be no computer around ;^)

Nevertheless, any useful report is welcome.

Btw: Any user of VDR 1.2.6 which gets black screens together with
no audio on all channels or sometimes UPT errors after havy zapping
around should be use the vdr-1.2.6-frontend.dif ... it avoids this
problem caused by unclean transponder switches.

    Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/
Howto http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=1958