[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.3.14

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 06:51, Jouni Karvo wrote:
> Laz writes:
>  > > the patch (vdr-1.3.14-transfer.patch.gz) is found on its author's server:
>  > >
>  > > http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/
>  >
>  > I've just applied it to see if it helps me...
>
> I wouldn't have high hopes for that - it is intended for other
> purposes.  I guess something else was wrong when I tried 1.3.14 at the
> first time.

Maybe not but worth a go!

> Yesterday was again an (almost) perfectly working day for 1.3.14.
> Just once did the vdr not retune to live channels after I watched a
> recording, but it retuned cleanly after selecting the channel anew.

Hmmm...I'm starting to think that the new buffer-handling routines are
mores sensitive to artifacts in the signal due to weather, etc. My DVB-T
signal has always had a few artifacts in it (probably a combination of
weak transmitters, aerial, etc.) but pre 1.3.13 versions seemed to make
less of an issue of them. Now I am seeing vdr restarting in the middle
of recordings with:

Oct 28 23:05:07 vdr vdr[8106]: ERROR: no useful data seen within
10486828 byte of video stream
Oct 28 23:05:07 vdr vdr[8106]: initiating emergency exit
Oct 28 23:05:07 vdr vdr[8106]: emergency exit requested - shutting down

type errors! Never got these at all before, or not that I noticed.

I've found the //#define DEBUGRINGBUFFERS bit in ringbuffer.h but I'm
not really sure what the output means to try to debug this!

:-s

Cheers,

Laz

Home | Main Index | Thread Index