[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.3.15

Thomas Bergwinkl wrote:

Hello,

if you switch to a "live" channel there is no problem with vdr-1.3.15,
because vdr doesn't wait for a lock anymore. But if you request a
channel from another satellite via transfer mode, this error message
(device 1 has no lock, can't attach receiver!) comes because the timeout
(5s) defined in device.c is not enough, when the dish has to rotate.
I'm using a dxr3, so it's probably always using transfer mode (at least what I described occurred viewing live tv)

I have changed device.c line 26 to: #define TUNER_LOCK_TIMEOUT 100000 //
ms
So the timeout is now 100s which should be long enough for steerable
dishes.
The only disadvantage I could see is that as long the dish is rotating,
vdr doesn't react anymore because it is waiting for a lock.
That's not an acceptable solution (IMHO). I also though about patching vdr so that AttachReceiver checks for the position of the dish but I don't think that's a good solution either.
BTW, why the dish is moving to a satellite that has nothing to do with either the previous channel nor the new one?

Bye
--
- Yo también quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software -
- I want a Software Patents Free Europe too! And you? -