[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.3.15

Tony Grant wrote:

> > So the timeout is now 100s which should be long enough for steerable
> > dishes.
> > The only disadvantage I could see is that as long the dish
> is rotating,
> > vdr doesn't react anymore because it is waiting for a lock.
>
> You could also time the rotor and see how long it takes to go from one
> horizon to another. I think that to switch from Astra 19.2 to
> BskyB 28.x
> takes about 10-12 seconds on my dish.

You needn't wait 100 seconds, you only have to wait until there is a
lock. So if the rotor needs 10 seconds, you only have to wait this 10s
until vdr reacts again. The 100 seconds are only a TIMEOUT, it is a
value (maybe to long) I have choosen to be on the save side.

Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index