[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.3.15

Thomas Bergwinkl wrote:

And what if, while rotating the dish, you get a lock but on a
different
satellite than the target one (and then, obviously, lose it)?

Then vdr attaches the receiver (and reacts again on user input) and all
work the same way it did before 1.3.14.

So simply commenting out the "if (!HasLock.." in AttachReceiver should be enough? No other ill effects?

Note that
in my plugin I already had to workaround the autoupdate
feature for the
same reason.

This is another problem which has to be solved. (I will look how you
solved this)
Well I don't think that rotor has the same problem, since I think a diseqc motor will cut power to the lnb while moving. In actuator I use the same thread that saves the current position to disk to disable/enable the autoupdate (i.e when the dish starts moving, the tracking thread starts, saves the current value of Setup.UpdateChannels and sets it to 0, then when the dish is within a tolerance of the target position it restores the previous value. There's a little bit more logic to coordinate between the normal movement and the movements inside the plugin main menu).
This is only a workaround until Klaus implements something better (IIRC he told something about querying the plugins before, during and after tuning a channel).

Bye
--
- Yo también quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software -
- I want a Software Patents Free Europe too! And you? -