[vdr] DXR3

In <1098885165.11581.6.camel@atlantis.netenviron.com>, Torgeir Veimo wrote:

> Are you in London? I have a spare dxr3 collecting dust that you can pick
> up.

I should have asked myself why anyone would want to give one of these
away if they're so good. Has anyone actually got one of these working
(at all, let alone with VDR) with a 2.6 kernel? Or even a 2.4 kernel,
because with the last card I tried, I even tried that with the "stable"
driver. For 2.6 you have to use the CVS version.

This time I looked into it a bit more thoroughly and realised that the
claim in the HOWTO that 0.12 and later comes with microcode isn't true.
I followed the instructions to extract the microcode from the Windows
driver, or rather used them as a rough guide because they were quite
inaccurate. The script extracted two bin files (in /, not the current
directory), but em8300setup just gave a "failed" message for both of
them.

To cap it all, the remote control for my Nova-T has stopped working, I
think because the insides of the socket are made of foil and it's
inevitably going to break after being disconnected a few times. I've had
such a bad day with this!

I think my best bet might be to try to get a refund for the Nova-T
instead of a replacement and get a FF card instead. Is there a decent FF
DVB-T card readily available in the UK at a reasonable price that's well
supported by Linux and VDR? Preferably including a remote control.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk

Home | Main Index | Thread Index