[vdr] Re: DXR3

Tony Houghton wrote:
In <1098885165.11581.6.camel@atlantis.netenviron.com>, Torgeir Veimo wrote:

Are you in London? I have a spare dxr3 collecting dust that you can pick
up.

I should have asked myself why anyone would want to give one of these
away if they're so good. Has anyone actually got one of these working
(at all, let alone with VDR) with a 2.6 kernel? Or even a 2.4 kernel,
because with the last card I tried, I even tried that with the "stable"
driver. For 2.6 you have to use the CVS version.
With mandrake (I'm using 10.0 currently) it works right out of the box
(microcode and utilities are in the rpm package "em8300"), with kernel
2.6. In fact the driver in mandrake works better for me than the cvs
version.

Bye