[vdr] Re: always restarting

Klaus Schmidinger a écrit :
Cedric.Picard@esial.uhp-nancy.fr wrote:

In fact maybe i know the pb ... I've install vdr on a server which just use it
to register videos. In fact i don't need x11 for the server. Now when i read
tour previous mail i ask myselk somthing : does vdr absolutly need x11 : if yes
here is the problem... there's no x11 on my server...

Plain VDR doesn't need X11.
...but it needs an output device (Nova).
You should build softdevice with the DFB or FB output and build a "virtual frame-buffer" in the kernel. That is the VDR's equivalent of /dev/null... Or use a real frame-buffer device (dependant on your video card).
There might be better solutions : streamdev for instance (output to a distant Windows/Linux box), or vdr-xine with an aalib client (output the video as ascii art on the console : what fun !), or (fill in the blank).
Just ask yourself what exactly you want with this server...

--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index