[vdr] Re: always restarting

> > I just record , i have no output.
> > I make vdr record then i convert .vdr in .avi to make it
> downlable by the users
> > who will display it on their own computers
>
> Then just drop the softdevice plugin, it's used for output on VGA
> adapters. You need a means to control vdr recording timers etc though.

This is not correct, since it was previously said that he uses a Nova card.
VDR will just not start if it does not find a MPEG decoder. If he would use
a full feature card, he would have saved himself a lot of trouble and your
advice would work. However since the Nova is only a budget card, he needs
some kind of software MPEG decoder to be able to start up VDR. This could
be softdevice or streamdev or any of the X11 or frame buffer based solutions
depending on the preferences. Since X11 is obviously not installed,
streamdev or softdevice with frame buffer or virtual frame buffer support
seem to be the only software-only options to get this running.

I personaly would sell the Nova on Ebay and get a full featured card and
forget all the rest, but Cedric seems to be willing to go the hard way :-)
so softdevice with virtual frame buffer support in the kernel seems the
way to go...

Best regards,
Reiner.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index