[vdr] Re: NPTL with vdr-1.3.15 may be causing problems

post wrote:
At 09:25 04.11.2004, you wrote:

I'm new to VDR, just did my first installation with a Hauppauge Nexus-S + SkyStar2 on a Gentoo system with kernel 2.6.8.1 and NPTL enabled. I used the ebuild from gentoo-de, which installed vdr-1.3.14-r3. When I start VDR everything seems to be working, I can zap channels, operate in the menu, but when I try to pause a live-recording, it always does an emergency exit initated by "ERROR: video data stream broken". Here is my log, maybe it has something to do with NPTL, or otherwise someone hopefully can tell me what's the problem:

What version drivers are you using?

I am using the actual dvb-kernel from CVS, just did the update yesterday, before the VDR installation, because the drivers that came with 2.6.8.1 were pretty old (found a complaint in the dmesg output, that the driver is to old and does not support some feedback for sysfs or something like that). There was no problem when compiling the kernel, this is the dmesg output:

Try putting "export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1" in your startup script before vdr is called and see if the problem goes away. After I did that, I dont seem to have any problems. Ten recordings and no crashes so far with NPTL disabled.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index