[vdr] Re: NPTL with vdr-1.3.15 may be causing problems

At 14:21 04.11.2004, you wrote:

> I'm new to VDR, just did my first installation with a Hauppauge Nexus-S +
> SkyStar2 on a Gentoo system with kernel 2.6.8.1 and NPTL enabled. I used
> the ebuild from gentoo-de, which installed vdr-1.3.14-r3. When I start VDR
> everything seems to be working, I can zap channels, operate in the menu,
> but when I try to pause a live-recording, it always does an emergency exit
> initated by "ERROR: video data stream broken". Here is my log, maybe it has
> something to do with NPTL, or otherwise someone hopefully can tell me
> what's the problem:

I have the same problem with the newest refactored dvb-kernel. As long as this
driver-version does't work with the skystar2 I use the cvs-code from before
the change, tagged with the tag OLD_11_HEAD_2004_10_28.

Thank's for the hint.

I am not that much into it: Should I just copy over the file skystar2.c with tag OLD_11_HEAD_2004_10_28 (which is Rev.1.42) into the already downloaded sources from yesterday's CVS, or should I use the whole dvb-kernel file-selection with that tag (no idea how to "downgrade" a whole cvs-checkout, I only used "cvs update -dP" until now).

Don't you think that problem with skystar2.c get's solved soon, or maybe it already has been solved? I just took a look, the actual file is Rev.1.46 and web-CVS tells, that it's just 6 hours old. Did you try that lastest version as well (I actually can't try, I will not be home before evening)?

--
Sincerely,
Master One