[vdr] Re: NPTL with vdr-1.3.15 may be causing problems

On Thursday 04 November 2004 09:14, post wrote:
> At 23:00 03.11.2004, you wrote:
> >I have been using NPTL without any apparent major problems since VDR
> >recently began enabling support for it.  VDR (1.3.14) seemed to be able to
> >handle NPTL except I did notice that there were a few "ERROR: thread %ld
> >won't end (waited %d seconds) - cancelling it..." errors in the logs once
> >in a while.  But, since I have been using vdr-1.3.15, it seems to crash
> >(sometimes) when NPTL is enabled and a timer goes off to record. I know I
> >have mentioned this already in several mail threads with "questionable"
> >topics, but perhaps NPTL has something to do with my "ERROR: video data
> >stream broken" errors.  I have now disabled NPTL and I am waiting to see
> >if that fixes the problems I am having with timers crashing VDR.  Perhaps
> >this is why Klaus does not see any problems because he is not testing it
> >with NPTL enabled.  VDR (1.3.15) with NPTL disabled has been running now
> >for 12 hours with out crashing and with one successfull timed
> >recording.  I do not know if this is the actual cause of the problem, but
> >it seems to be the only major difference between my test scenario and
> > Klaus'.
>
> I'm new to VDR, just did my first installation with a Hauppauge Nexus-S +
> SkyStar2 on a Gentoo system with kernel 2.6.8.1 and NPTL enabled. I used
> the ebuild from gentoo-de, which installed vdr-1.3.14-r3. When I start VDR
> everything seems to be working, I can zap channels, operate in the menu,
> but when I try to pause a live-recording, it always does an emergency exit
> initated by "ERROR: video data stream broken". Here is my log, maybe it has
> something to do with NPTL, or otherwise someone hopefully can tell me
> what's the problem:

I have the same problem with the newest refactored dvb-kernel. As long as this
driver-version does't work with the skystar2 I use the cvs-code from before
the change, tagged with the tag OLD_11_HEAD_2004_10_28.

Matthias

Home | Main Index | Thread Index