[vdr] Re: Separating Radio from TV?

Lauri Tischler <lwgt@iki.fi> wrote:

> What's the point, to use VDR you need TV anyway and my remote
> has no X-key nor 'radio-button'.

Errrm - "X" was a placeholder for a single-digit number. And I don't need
to switch my TV on to listen to the radio stations as long as I know the
channel numbers. Easy. But it'd be even easier if radio was separate from
TV.

> IMHO, radio on VDR is useless, 'cause the 'R' in 'VDR' does
> not mean 'Radio'  :)

Uh-uh.

Nope, it's not useless. I can get some fine radio stations on Astra that
are not available otherwise :-) Actually, I can only receive a mere handful
of radio stations with a simple wire as an antenna, and I'm not going to
install a large FM antenna since most radio stations in the Munich area are
crap ... and I've got no cable. So - VDR.

--
California is a fine place to live -- if you happen to be an orange.
		-- Fred Allen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index