[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.15 doesn't work well with a steerable dish

Luca Olivetti wrote:

> >>The second problem is "solved" by the attached patch (as long as the
> >>dish doesn't take more than 5 minutes to reach the target
> >>position). The
> >>proper solution would probably be to check that the dish is
> >>positioned,
> >>but I don't know how to do it inside of recorder.c (since
> cFileWriter
> >>doesn't know which device is sending it data).
> >

> > If you don't comment out the  'if (!HasLock(TUNER_LOCK_TIMEOUT) ...'
> > there is no 'video data stream broken', because vdr then waits until
> > there is a lock, and afterwards the time for
> MAXBROKENTIMEOUT starts.
> > So I think a better solution would be if vdr waits for lock
> but still
> > react on user-input ('Waiting for Lock' should be done in a thread).
>
> cFileWriter is already a thread, and its the only method
> really needing
> a lock (isn't it?), so maybe the wait for a lock should be
> made there,

I think 'waiting for lock' is always useful when pids will be set and
the device isn't in live-mode. (not only for recordings)

> but then it'd need to know the device. And then it should
> check for the
> dish positioned instead of using a long timeout.

What's wrong with a long timeout? When the 'waiting for lock' would be
done in a thread, there needn't be a timeout at all. Vdr just would only
set pids when there is a lock.

Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index