[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.15 doesn't work well with a steerable dish

Thomas Bergwinkl wrote:

Nov  2 19:18:36 vdr vdr[971]: ERROR: video data stream broken
The second problem is "solved" by the attached patch (as long as the
dish doesn't take more than 5 minutes to reach the target
position). The
proper solution would probably be to check that the dish is
positioned,
but I don't know how to do it inside of recorder.c (since cFileWriter
doesn't know which device is sending it data).

If you don't comment out the  'if (!HasLock(TUNER_LOCK_TIMEOUT) ...'
there is no 'video data stream broken', because vdr then waits until
there is a lock, and afterwards the time for MAXBROKENTIMEOUT starts.
So I think a better solution would be if vdr waits for lock but still
react on user-input ('Waiting for Lock' should be done in a thread).
cFileWriter is already a thread, and its the only method really needing a lock (isn't it?), so maybe the wait for a lock should be made there, but then it'd need to know the device. And then it should check for the dish positioned instead of using a long timeout.

Bye
--
- Yo también quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software -
- I want a Software Patents Free Europe too! And you? -