[vdr] Re: VDR unable to handle variable framerates

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
"C.Y.M" wrote:

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

"C.Y.M" wrote:

Are there any functions within VDR to handle variable framerates in the
stream?  I have several recordings that always display A/V desync when
played back via VDR.  If that same recording is played back with the
mplayer plugin through VDR, there are no A/V desyncs.

demux_mpg: 24fps progressive NTSC content detected, switching framerate.
demux_mpg: 30fps NTSC content detected, switching framerate.
Warning! FPS changed 23.976 -> 29.970 (-5.994000) [4]
demux_mpg: 24fps progressive NTSC content detected, switching framerate.

VDR simply sends to the DVB device what it has previously recorded.
It makes no assumptions whatsoever regarding the actual contents of
the data (except for the frame borders).

Klaus, what would be your opinion on the best way to approach this
problem?  Would this require a driver enhancement? Perhaps VDR would
better handle such a situation?  I know this is not a problem with DVB
cards that use a software solution for playing back the recordings (ie;
budget cards).  Do you feel that the FF cards are just incapable of this?

What does the FF card to when such a programme is watched "live"?
Does it work then?

Klaus

Live TV is always flawless, which is why I am so confused.

Thanks,

Home | Main Index | Thread Index