[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-actuator-0.0.5 plugin

Luca Olivetti wrote:
Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

I was just about to add your plugin to the "Plugins" page on the VDR homepage.
However, looking through your README file I found this:

- If you (like me) are using the dxr3 plugin, you'll find that it doesn't
exit cleanly: soon after vdr calls cDevice::Shutdown() the dxr3 plugin will
crash vdr, preventing the actuator plugin to save the current dish position
on disk. As a workaround I reverted the order of the shutdown (around the
end of vdr.c) from

cDevice::Shutdown();
PluginManager.Shutdown(true);

PluginManager.Shutdown(true);
cDevice::Shutdown();

This is not a good idea, because if you shut down the plugin manager
_before_ shutting down the devices, a device that is implemented through
a plugin may crash because its dynamically loaded code is gone.

Yes, I understand that, but it's just a workaround until the dxr3 plugin is fixed , at least I think it's caused by the dxr3 plugin, because if I don't load that plugin I don't see the problem, but I don't see tv either ;-) .
Could you explain me the problem with the dxr3 plugin?

--
Christian Gmeiner
Maintainer of the DXR3-Plugin for VDR: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dxr3plugin/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index