[vdr] Re: Experiences with yaepg plugin with vdr 1.3.15

Michal Dobrzynski wrote:
Hi,

Today I tried the yaepg plugin with the 2.6.10-rc1 kernel and Debian packages from Darren Salt (I simply added the yaepg patch to the patch list).

I also copied the linux/dvb includes from my kernel to the system includes (normally provided by the linux-kernel-headers package). This all seemed to work fine when compiling and indeed it initially appeared to work well when I tried the plugin. A quartersize window with the livetv in it would appear and I could use the arrow keys to move through the programs/channels.

Unfortunately after a few key-presses the system would stop responding and eventually vdr would restart thanks to the watchdog timer. After the restart there were usually serious problems with the OSD and in one case I was not able to tune to any channel. The only solution in each case seemed to be to unload and reload the dvb-ttpci module.

Has anyone had any experiences with yaepg which may help me track down what the problem is? It looks like the perfect epg to me (some tweaking like excluding channels would still be required).
The plugin maintainer is working on a 0.0.2 version of the plugin atm.

Greets,

--
Christian Gmeiner
Maintainer of the DXR3-Plugin for VDR: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dxr3plugin/