[vdr] Re: Lockups with 1.3.13+, 1.3.12 works ok

Ville Skyttä schrieb:
On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 22:13, Ville Skyttä wrote:

About a week ago, I tried to upgrade to 1.3.14 from 1.3.12. At first,
it seemed to work fine.

Soon I started to find out almost complete lockups with only live tv
playing, nobody touching the box nor nothing else happening there after
between varying intervals of 30 minutes and 8 hours. I found live TV
"frozen", no input devices working, not being able to SSH in, but still
getting responses to pings. Only cycling power "helped".

Then, I downgraded to 1.3.13, tried with it; no go, same results. Perhaps the lockups were a bit more rare than with 1.3.14, but still far
too frequent for the box to be usable.

Back to VDR 1.3.12, and it has been running without any noticeable
problems for some 5 days now.

This system is Fedora Core 2, DVB drivers (for Technotrend budget DVB-C
1.0) from the kernel that comes with it (2.6.8.1), dxr3-0.2.3-pre2 (with
1.3.13+ patched as necessary to compile), other plugins (tvonscreen,
osdteletext, dvd) the same but recompiled with all 1.3.1{2,3,4}
versions.

Ideas what might cause the lockups with 1.3.13 and 1.3.14? Let me know
if/how I could provide more/better info. Checked the logs, found nothing interesting :(

The problem is also present in 1.3.15.
You are not alone...

I have the same problems:
With vdr> 1.3.12 I get complete LOCK ups of my System.

Sometimes it takes about 20 minutes, sometimes it takes 5 hours.
It happens while recording, only watching live TV, switching through channels but never reproducable.

I can't find anyting in the logs!

What can I do to debug this?

My system:
Debian unstable, kernel 2.6.8.1, DVB driver that came with that kernel
1 DVB-Budget card
1 DXR3

I had no problems with vdr <1.3.13
Could this be DXR3 related? Noone else has this Problem?

Frank

Home | Main Index | Thread Index