[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] new Noritake 800(A) series VFD driver for graphlcd-0.1.2-pre2

Hello,

This driver should work with all Noritake 800(A) series VFD displays (click on the link "Medium 0.6 dot" at http://www.noritake-itron.com for more info)
- GU128X64-800A;
- GU256X32-800A;
- GU128X32-800A;
- GU160X16-800A;
- GU160X32-800A;
- GU192X16-800A.

The patch against the current beta version graphlcd-base-0.1.2-pre2 is located here:
http://www.muresan.de/patches/graphlcd-base-0.1.2-pre2_noritake800.diff.gz

I tested it just with my GU128X64-800A and it works fine (connected to LPT1 configured as EPP+ECP in BIOS, with kernel (2.6.x) modules parport and parport_pc loaded, direct I/O, CPU load ranging from 0 to 7%, depending on the amount of deltas. According to the data sheets of the other listed displays, downloadable at the manufacturer's web site, they all have the same command set, so they should work just by specifying the correct size.

Have phun,
Lucian Muresan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index