[vdr] VDR 1.3.14 = no more VDSB :)

Hallo,

I have now been using VDR 1.3.14 for 8 days in a row _without_ any VDSB
(Video Data Stream Broken) errors.

This is very good :)

With previous Versions I had this error at least a couple of time a week
... Mostly in the morning when the system was cleanly started and "cold"
!?

I also love that the CPU load has gone down to a minimum.

Very good work Klaus :)

System :
SuSE 9.1 with Suse kernel 2.6.5-7.108-default
VDR 1.3.14 with enAIO + AC3overDVB patch and several Plugins
DVB-kernel CVS driver from 05.09.2004 (need Patch posted by on this ML
some time ago to compile)
2 x FF-DVB-s (rev. 1.6 and 1.3)
P3 933MHz
512MB RAM

I might now test 1.3.15 to see if it still applies, but hesitate as
everything is working very nice ;)

BTW. I can't recommend using (Suse 9.1 and) this DVB Driver with 1 x
FF-DVB and 1 x Nova-s as I had lots of trouble running it. VDR 1.3.1[23]
mostly crashed after less than an hour. I belive that the DVB-Driver has
a bug for Nova cards - I tried lots of DVB-versions and kernels
(<2.6.10), it did not help.
I did not test with 1.3.14 though (and I am not as it works as it is
...).

Greetings
Christian Jacobsen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index