[vdr] 1.3.15 UPT stream

Hi,

Im getting a steady stream of UPT errors in my syslog file averaging
about 3 per hour over 24hours. 1.3.12 was the last stable version I used
and that had an average of 1 per 10hours and worst case 1 every 2 hours
in a 24hour period. measured over more than 10 days. Previously these
errors would be bursty, in fact looking over the logs again there were
only 5 events over the 10 days, the UPTs occuring in bursts of a few
seconds.

Is there anything I can do to trace the cause, since I suspect a
software change rather than signal noise. device driver is
unchanged, 2.6.8.1 + patch for stale FE events.

The buffer changes looked good anyway even running 5 recordings the
buffer overflows were smaller although I saw an increase in
'skipped xxx byte to sync on TS packet' where xxx is 123 or 47. Im
wondering if this is somehow related to the UPT errors?

one last note while performing the 5 recording test I only got 1 UPT.

Simon

Home | Main Index | Thread Index