[vdr] Re: Suggestion: new SVDRP command to cut a recording

Hi,

I would like to implement a new SVDRP command to have a remote machine start a cutting thread. Reason:
My 2 machines share a common NFS with all the recordings on it. Cutting
should always take place on the fast server that hosts the NFS. The much
slower living room machine should not be bothered with cutting, having to
read and write everything over the WLAN. It would be easy to implement a
reccmds entry, invoking a cutting thread on the server if we had a SVDRP
command, like

RCUT <dirname>

I double that suggestion. And even better would it be to be able to choose the destination directory !

--
Helmut Auer, helmut@helmutauer.de

Home | Main Index | Thread Index