[vdr] Re: Suggestion: new SVDRP command to cut a recording

Helmut Auer <vdr@helmutauer.de> wrote:
> > I would like to implement a new SVDRP command to have a remote machine
> > start a cutting thread. Reason:
> >
> > My 2 machines share a common NFS with all the recordings on it. Cutting
> > should always take place on the fast server that hosts the NFS. The much
> > slower living room machine should not be bothered with cutting, having to
> > read and write everything over the WLAN. It would be easy to implement a
> > reccmds entry, invoking a cutting thread on the server if we had a SVDRP
> > command, like
> >
> > RCUT <dirname>
> >
> I double that suggestion. And even better would it be to be able to choose the destination
> directory !

That's hard to implement I guess, mainly because it would require far
more communication between client and server. The default behaviour
(same directory, % prepended) is just okay with me. But you're welcome to
add this feature :-))

Klaus, what do you think?

--
Let us live!!!