[vdr] Re: av7110 errors, crash

SWallstab@t-online.de(Stefan Wallstab)  09.11.04 23:38

>Hi,

>I have similar problems with two Siemens DVB-C cards. There seems to
>be some unfavorable interference between two or more cards.

I run 2 fullfeature Hauppage 1.5 and 2.x DVB-S
one buget DVB-S and one AverMedia DVB-T 771
on a debian 3.0 linux 2.4.27 with a minimal patched 1.2.2 VDR,
on the cheapest SATA board a could get: an ASRock K7S8XE+ SiS748
and the cheapest avail that day CPU AMD Duron 1800 (total power
consumption: 80W).

The only important patch is the LNB-Share patch.
But this blocks (due to a bug) the DVB-T while
a DVB-S is recording..."blocked by LNB".

But i have no crashes and no "unknown picture type".

HTH.

>(SuSE Linux 9.1; vdr 1.3.11)

>>> Yesterday the DVB-T broadcast service started in my region,
>>> so I thought I'd plug a DVB-T card into my system in addition
>>> to the DVB-C card it already had.
>>>
>>> I can receive and view DVB-T without picture quality
>>> problems. Switching channels also works, but after a couple
>>> of minutes (typically 10 - 30 minutes after VDR is started) I
>>> always sooner or later run into this error (from syslog)
>>>

>>> vdr-1.3.15 (from source) and vdr-1.2.6 (from Debian pkg)
>>>   error occurs just the same with both versions of vdr.
>>>
>>> Debian Sarge with 2.6.8 Kernel and kernel-included DVB drivers.
>>>
>>> One DVB-C full-featured card (Siemens) and one
>>>   DVB-T budget card (TT clone).
>>>
>>> TV-out (Scart) via the video output of the Siemens full-featured
>>> card.

Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index