[vdr] Font encoding bug ?

I was looking at some of the characters on the screen and noticed that
some characters seem to be "chopped off" on the left border.  I opened
up one of the font files and it seems as though the character
encodings are all shifted to the left by one bit.

For example consider this line of the '%' character encoding from the
fontosd.c file:

0x001C7180,  // ***...***...**......
=
0000 0000 0001 1100 0111 0001 1000 0000

The trailing comment shows 6 empty pixels while the encoding has 7.
Also, the highest order bit set is the 21st bit while the character
dimensions are only 20x27.

I thought maybe the lowest order bit will be ignored by the text
drawing function but after taking a quick look at the osd.c text
drawing code it looks like the this is not the case (I could be
reading the code wrong here).

Is this a bug in the encoding ?  I think inserting a PixelData >>=1
before the for loop which actually draws the pixels would "fix" this
problem since it might be a pain to recreate fonts.

Thank You,
bball

Home | Main Index | Thread Index