[vdr] Re: Edited VDR-streams getting off-sync

René Hertell wrote:
I have noticed that when cutting away commercial-breaks from programs recorded with VDR, the audio and video is getting off sync. The off-sync "distance" seems to grow after each deleted commercial.

I think that people who are watching un-dubbed programs may notice this behavior better...

What could be the cause of this, and is there any fix available?

I'm running VDR on a Gentoo-box, and the VDR-version is a clean 1.3.17.

Are you using a FF card? I bet that if you use the mplayer plugin to playback the edited vdr recordings, that it would be in sync again. The A/V interpolation in the mpeg chip on the av7110 based boards just dont seem to work right.

Regards,
C.Y.M.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index