[vdr] Re: vdr-xine over network (proof-of-concept)

Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher@desy.de> writes:

>> I'm currently testing your changes to use xine over the network.
>> It works quite well.
> Thanks, but don't look into the source.

:)

>> It seems the Pause function doesn't work anymore.
> For me it isn't working with FIFO-vdr-xine as well... Don't know and care
> why currently.

I've just experienced ring buffer overflows. I was watching tv
constanly since my previous mail, and it seems vdr did not like the
fact I used my dvb box as a distcc client. (I'm pretty sure I'll be
able to reproduce this later by running another distributed kernel
compilation)

>> Could the video be multicasted rather than anycasted ? (would it
>> difficult to implement ?)
> Maybe the streamdev plugin should provide such thing?

it could, I wish i can help...