[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.18: DolbyDigital "stuttering" sound

Hallo Klaus,

> C.Y.M wrote:
> > Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> this one would
> for them selves.
> >>

> >> Does your DVB card have 2MB or 4MB SDRAM?
> >>
> >> In case it's a 2MB card, which value would you need in
> VDR/transfer.c in
> >>
> >>    if (ringBuffer->Available() < 3 * KILOBYTE(192) / 2)
> >>
> >> instead of the default '192'?
> >>
> >> Maybe VDR could automatically switch between these two
> values, depending
> >> on whether a 2MB or a 4MB card is present.

Yes, that could be a possible solution, but it would be a lot easier to
test if I did not have to recompile everytime I chose other values ;)
Could any one please do that programming for me ? and I will then test
this.

> > Taking this into consideration, is the DD/AC3 in vdr-1.3.20
> currently
> > optimized for 2MB or 4MB FF cards?
>
> With 192 it works fine here on my 4MB card.

At the moment I have got a 2MB Card as primary and have just send my
second FF-DVB-s away (wolfsoft) for a 4MB upgrade. Therfore at the
moment I have a Nova-s as second card.

So if that is the place to change things I will try that if I find time
(or somone programming the setup option) before my 4MB card arrives.

I presume I have to change 192 to a higher value.

Greetings
Christian Jacobsen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index